Everyone who knows me, knows how important my birthday is to me. It's Jasmine Day, my day. It's the one day each year when I celebrate me. This year's Jasmine Day was different from years passed and took a little adjusting and embracing. Thankfully, I have amazing friends and family who sent me so many well wishes for my 28th birthday. I am flattered to have so many wonderful people in my life who love me so much. Thank you all for the phone calls, cards, texts, emails, and the mass amount of facebook posts. I am a very lucky girl.
Based on my birthday night celebration, I'd say I'm making good on my promises so far this year. I didn't say no to the blowjob shot my friends bought me that required me to put my face far too close to a waiters crotch and I didn't shun the stripper who insisted on paying me more than enough attention. I embraced every minute of it and had a great night with some very good friends. Despite sleeping in my dress, taking a cab to my car only to find a parking ticket, and spending my day nursing a headache and the usual hangover emotions, I had an amazing birthday. I started my 28th year with absolute authenticity and eagerness for adventure. The celebration continues as I fly to NYC Friday to spend the holiday weekend in the Hamptons, another first. Again, I'm a lucky girl and I'm loving life.
This year, I'm spending Independence Day in the Hamptons, I'll be a bridesmaid in my favorite cousin's wedding, I'm attending my 10-year high school reunion, I'll hopefully make some serious career progress, I'm hoping to go to Europe, I want to run a full marathon, and everything else is up in the air!! My arms are open and my heart's returned to its rightful place on my sleeve.
I hope all my wishes come true!!!
xoxo...

...and what a beautiful life you live. I love you sis!!
ReplyDelete