Thank you to my parents for donating to my summer flight fund. An especially big thank you to my mom for also sending two cards and an Electric Putting Partner...and for actually calling me after I responded to her text, "WTF?". Dad made it onto my shit list for sending a "Happy Birthday" picture text of himself in Vegas. Yeah.
Thank you to Kristi and Thomas for kicking the week off with "J" shaped pancakes and a day of drinking by the pool. I love being your third wheel, especially when the guy next to us at the bar starts smelling my hair before falling asleep and being escorted out!!
Thank you to Mary for organizing a dinner and to Paige, Ashley, Ryan, Ruth, and Chris for being there. I loved the company, the tacos, dare I say the shots, and the fact that 3 of you stayed home from work the next day in honor of our obscene Tuesday night. It must have been one for the books if I had an undeliverable email notice due to my effort to email the unibomber.
Thank you to Jenna for letting me invade Soho, being a therapeutic outlet, a dear friend, and showing me the best 4th of July weekend I could have asked for. Thank you to Joe and Dave and all of the new friends I am so grateful to have made this weekend. Everything was perfect, the house we stayed in, everyone in our house, the day at the pool, the wild nights at humid dive bars, our day of rest, the Montauk adventure (including the $400 limo ride back to Westhampton), beach day, and watching fireworks from Pete's amazing balcony in the East Village. I will NEVER forget my first birthday/holiday weekend in the Hamptons. Thank you!
Thank you to Joshua for making sure I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home tonight! I now have the Deadmau5 "for lack of a better name" album and will be getting my dance on at The Paramount in Seattle on August 18th!!! If any of you would also like to bring your dance machines, I will see you there! Joshua, you are the brother I never had and I love you so much. I'm very grateful for the friendship we have. Happy 29th Birthday to you, yesterday.
"Happy birthday to you, dear sister of mine.
I'm not with you now, but have you in mind.
Oregon water so clear, Klamath Mountains so tall.
I imagine the joy that you share with all.
Have a great 28!
Celebrate with your friends;
good ones are forever, no means to an end.
I'm sending you wishes all day while I'm here;
1,247.23 miles away, but in my heart you are near."
Next year, to make things simple, this will be the only birthday request I'll have...simple enough, right?
Thank you again to everyone who made the beginning of this year as exceptional as it has been. LML! LML!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment