"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on." -Robert Frost

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Astrology...who would have thought?

First and foremost, I am in love with the writer of the horoscopes for the Boulder Weekly. The incorporation of poems, books, movies, etc. into advice for future behavior based on the relative position of planets and the signs in the zodiac? How could you not appreciate that?

CANCER for the week of February 4, 2010:
"I wonder if you can you handle this much healing intensity, Cancerian. The possibilities for transforming difficult parts of your life are substantial. I’ll name a few ways this could play out: 1. A confusing riddle may be partially solved through a semi-divine intervention. 2. A sore spot could be soothed thanks to the power of your curiosity. 3. An ignorance that has caused you pain may be illuminated, allowing you to suffer less. 4. If you can summon the capacity to generously tolerate uncertainty, you may find and rehabilitate an orphaned part of your life. I’m not saying for sure that any of this stuff will happen, but the odds are favorable that at least one will."

Again, Rob Brezsny, you are genius or a psychic or a really good reader of astrological diagrams. I thank you for your expertise. It would be creepy to date you because you'd know more about my life than I do, but I will enjoy what you have to say on a weekly basis.

Confusing riddles, sore spots, ignorance and suffering....wow. The thing that really grabs ahold of me and shakes me is my lack of "capacity to generously tolerate uncertainty". That's the one I want to "happen". Please Rob...please let me have #4. Tell the crab in the stars that Jasmine Layton really needs to learn how to tolerate uncertainty if anything at all. Send me to rehab for my incapacity. I'm ready. I'll check myself in. There's no need to stage an intervention or fly me to Utah. I know I need to come to terms with the uncertainty I'm terrified of and work to get over that fear.

Uncertainty has caused an enormous amount of angst in my young life. I admit that I do struggle with doubt as part of my uncertainty, but I think the most prominent thing is all that I don't know. Everything I don't know including what others are thinking or feeling honestly kills me. In recent years, my lack of information drove me up the wall. Right now, though, it's my uncertain future. The freedom, which is also a burden if you ask me, to make decisions for yourself by yourself is often thought of in a positive way. I'm finding it to be much more difficult and cumbersome than liberating and exciting. Again, I'm an over-analyzer, so when I have to make significant decisions for my future completely on my own, it's quite the back and forth, yes then no, figure out all the possible outcomes type of process. I'm sure getting used to having no set-in-stone plans/possibilities for the future will happen eventually and I'll move through life and take what comes and run with it. I'm working on it. First, I need to learn how to "tolerate uncertainty". I don't have to love it and I know I never will, but I'm going to do my best to tolerate it.

Bring on the "healing intensity" stars! I don't want to orphan any more parts of my life. That just sounds wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment