"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on." -Robert Frost

Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday through Monday and each one a FUNDAY!

Meet Josh. He's my dad's baby brother. Yes, that makes him my uncle and we've heard how "weird" it is that we're only about a year apart in age. Throughout school and still sometimes these days we have to say we're cousins because people just don't get it. I consider him my brother since we've always been so close, going on vacations together, going to school together, and so on. Anyway, he's making his maiden voyage to Denver this weekend! Yay! It only took him almost 3 years to visit! I would have thought all these snowy mountains would have brought him down a lot sooner, but he's finally bringing himself along with his board to the Rockies. Usually I stress about planning the whole weekend when I have visitors, but we have a fun-filled weekend all planned up!

               

His arrival this afternoon means I get to leave work early! Even better is that it's currently 69 degrees in the city where we're going to enjoy rooftop beers and dinner before heading to a show at the Marquis. Yes, 69 degrees in mid-March. We couldn't have hoped for a better day! Most of his visit will be spent in temperatures only slightly chillier, Breckenridge. We're heading up to the mountains first thing in the morning and spending the rest of the weekend snowboarding in Breckenridge. By the way, did you know that Breck has 155 trails, 30 lifts, a base elevation of 9,600 ft and a summit at 12,998 feet? Oh, and it has the highest chair lift in North America!





After an exhausting couple of days, I'm hoping we'll just pass out Sunday night before getting yummy brunch and sending him on his way back to Seattle. Surely he needs this getaway as much as I do! Who doesn't?!

Have a wonderful weekend out there!!! Keep Japan in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. Remember that loved ones are lost each and every day, so remember that tomorrow is never promised and to hold your loved ones tight! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment