Is it just me or has 2009 been the worst year in the history of life? It's been quite the crazy decade for that matter. Thankfully, I know a couple people who have had a decent year. I sure haven't. I've been chewed up and spit out and I'm hoping a fresh start to 2010 will give me some motivation to put myself back together again. From start to finish, this year has been awful. Absolutely devastating and life altering. At the end of this calendar year, I'm living alone in Colorado filled with hatred and distrust for pretty much everyone, my sister's moving back home thanks to a year of roommate drama, my best friend's still working through her divorce, my dad's slowly getting vision back after his stroke, and my mom finally got a job after being laid off. You can thank me for the brief pity party. I guarantee you that I could go on and in more detail, but what's the use at this point? What's done is done and what happened will leave a lasting effect on the rest of the years to come.
I guess my mom's new job and increased salary is a plus for the year. Let's see, I know there are a few more positives. Jaclyn has a good boyfriend who loves her to pieces. My dad got married in Vegas so we had a nice family vacation in Sin City. I got to visit Indiana, California, and South Carolina to spend time with amazing friends. I spent a lot of therapeutical time back home in Washington. I ran 6 races and hiked a 14er. Although it was forced, I also have a newfound appreciation for having alone time. Through all of the hardships, I guess I've learned some tough lessons. I think it's too soon to understand what they are, but I'm sure they're there. I'm just hoping there's a hardship max out point or at least some time in between.
In 2010, I want a fresh start. I can't reset my life and now I know I have no control over most things that happen. All I can do is stay strong, motivated, and turn my anger into some sort of positive actions. This year, I can look forward to finishing another tough audit in March, possibly going to Cancun if I finish in time, working with new people, going to Vegas for a bachelorette party, getting the fuck out of Colorado, starting completely over, being in my friend's wedding, running my ass off, and plenty of other productive happenings.
With that, good riddance 2009! You really sucked and I hate everything you represent. If I had my way, I'd erase you from my memory but, unfortunately, you left scars that will never fully heal. You're a bitch and can go straight to hell and get fucked. Hey, you've been warned about the hatred part.
This next year, I'm hoping I can use my war wounds to my advantage. My resolution, and I don't make those, is to start off on my refreshed, positive, and motivated journey through the next stages of my life. Hopefully a new attitude will diminish my desire to be in an emotionally stunted intoxicated coma. I'm closing the book and reaching for a new one. The first few chapters are going to be rocky, necessarily callused, and full of internal battles, but thanks to a lot of effort and persistence, there will be a happy ending. There has to be.
Hi 2010. My name is Jasmine. It's nice to meet you.
I guess my mom's new job and increased salary is a plus for the year. Let's see, I know there are a few more positives. Jaclyn has a good boyfriend who loves her to pieces. My dad got married in Vegas so we had a nice family vacation in Sin City. I got to visit Indiana, California, and South Carolina to spend time with amazing friends. I spent a lot of therapeutical time back home in Washington. I ran 6 races and hiked a 14er. Although it was forced, I also have a newfound appreciation for having alone time. Through all of the hardships, I guess I've learned some tough lessons. I think it's too soon to understand what they are, but I'm sure they're there. I'm just hoping there's a hardship max out point or at least some time in between.
In 2010, I want a fresh start. I can't reset my life and now I know I have no control over most things that happen. All I can do is stay strong, motivated, and turn my anger into some sort of positive actions. This year, I can look forward to finishing another tough audit in March, possibly going to Cancun if I finish in time, working with new people, going to Vegas for a bachelorette party, getting the fuck out of Colorado, starting completely over, being in my friend's wedding, running my ass off, and plenty of other productive happenings.
With that, good riddance 2009! You really sucked and I hate everything you represent. If I had my way, I'd erase you from my memory but, unfortunately, you left scars that will never fully heal. You're a bitch and can go straight to hell and get fucked. Hey, you've been warned about the hatred part.
This next year, I'm hoping I can use my war wounds to my advantage. My resolution, and I don't make those, is to start off on my refreshed, positive, and motivated journey through the next stages of my life. Hopefully a new attitude will diminish my desire to be in an emotionally stunted intoxicated coma. I'm closing the book and reaching for a new one. The first few chapters are going to be rocky, necessarily callused, and full of internal battles, but thanks to a lot of effort and persistence, there will be a happy ending. There has to be.
Hi 2010. My name is Jasmine. It's nice to meet you.
No comments:
Post a Comment