Lately, I've been looking anywhere I can for answers, including my horoscope. I'd never claim that I know a thing about astrology and how the moons entering some sort of constellation have anything to do with what's happening in my life, but maybe it's true. Today, I went to lunch at a yummy sandwich shop in Longmont, CO and picked up a copy of The Boulder Weekly while patiently waiting for my 5" turkey and swiss. Browsing through concert lineups and ads for marijuana dispensaries, I finally reached the horoscope page for the week ending 12/11/09. It read, "Lately you remind me of a person Robert Hass describes in his poem "Time and Materials": "someone falling down and getting up and running and falling and getting up." I'm sending you my compassion for the times you fall down, and my admiration for the times you get up, and my excitement for the times you run. It has probably become clear to you by now that falling down isn't a shameful thing to be cursed, but rather is an instrumental part of the learning process that is teaching you marvelous secrets about getting back up and running."
If you only knew the intimate details of the ups and downs caused by the curse of 2009 and the last couple of months in particular, you'd be as fascinated as I was. I am definitely that person who keeps falling and getting back up and so on, but rather than just falling, I'd say that I've been getting knocked down an awful lot. Getting back up and running has been increasingly challenging. How much can one little lady take, right? I'm not sure who this person is sending me compassion, admiration, and excitement, but thank you. I've looked wherever I could to find this kind of enlightenment, but nothing has hit me quite like this horoscope.
I've tried to find the humor and irony in each time I've "fallen" and at this point it's really just becoming too much not to laugh. Of course, it's more of a "Really life?" kind of humor and only occurs some time after the initial fall. Maybe that's one of the secrets to getting back up and running again. A marvelous secret? Not so sure yet. I will, though, be reading this horoscope repeatedly in an effort to gain some perspective when I feel defeated from the next fall. Let's hope there won't be one. At least, by now, I'm prepared and have some practice getting up.
On another note, is Karma real? How long does it take to work? I'm trying to be patient....
No comments:
Post a Comment